Solved: I already Files an income tax return 1120S for s Corporations. Is this the same thing as Federal or do I have tov file Federal Income Tax.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I already Files an income tax return 1120S for s Corporations. Is this the same thing as Federal or do I have tov file Federal Income Tax.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 12
Level 12

I already Files an income tax return 1120S for s Corporations. Is this the same thing as Federal or do I have tov file Federal Income Tax.

For a business entity like S-Corp,  there are two sets of filings. At the entity ( business ) level  you file (a) a federal return  1120-S  , (b) a State return and (c) send K-1s to each member of the S-Corp. In this sense S-Corp acts like a  pass through entity.   At the individual level  you again file  (a) Federal 1040 series  return  including the details from the K-1 from the S-Corp and (b) State  return ( if you live in a  State with  income tax. 

Does this answer your question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 15

You still need to do your personal 1040 individual return.  For federal and state.

rental property in other state but residing in CA

Level 12
Level 12

For a business entity like S-Corp,  there are two sets of filings. At the entity ( business ) level  you file (a) a federal return  1120-S  , (b) a State return and (c) send K-1s to each member of the S-Corp. In this sense S-Corp acts like a  pass through entity.   At the individual level  you again file  (a) Federal 1040 series  return  including the details from the K-1 from the S-Corp and (b) State  return ( if you live in a  State with  income tax. 

Does this answer your question.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings