turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to edit Sched A where Turbo enters dates for living in a particular state, it has an extra line. How can I delete it?

It is on line 1a and 1b Sched A
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

How to edit Sched A where Turbo enters dates for living in a particular state, it has an extra line. How can I delete it?

Click on My Info from the left side menu.  Then click on Edit next to your name.  Make sure your resident state is correct and then scroll down and make sure you have enter the proper dates for any moves you made during the tax year.   Your residency dates are pulled from this information.   Also, go back through the sales tax interview.  You are asked there again about your residency information so that TurboTax can calculate your sales tax deduction if applicable.  

See the Schedule A form that is sent to the IRS and notice that there are no dates included on the form.  Those dates are for TurboTax purposes only and those dates do not get forwarded to the IRS.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Click on My Info from the left side menu.  Then click on Edit next to your name.  Make sure your resident state is correct and then scroll down and make sure you have enter the proper dates for any moves you made during the tax year.   Your residency dates are pulled from this information.   Also, go back through the sales tax interview.  You are asked there again about your residency information so that TurboTax can calculate your sales tax deduction if applicable.  

See the Schedule A form that is sent to the IRS and notice that there are no dates included on the form.  Those dates are for TurboTax purposes only and those dates do not get forwarded to the IRS.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies