turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I report K-1 partnership income through Schedule E?

In the past, Schedule E has been used for both rental property AND partnership income.  (I've been doing it that way for years)  In 2018, there does not seem to be provision for reporting K-1 partnership income through Schedule E.   It seems to be limited to rental property and royalties only.  I have added a K-1 to my TurboTax return and the loss on the K-1 is not flowing through into my 1040.  How do I resolve this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Ashby

Here are the directions for entering your K-1 which it sounds like you've done. The income/loss from the partnership is still reported on Pg. 2 of the Schedule E. Follow these instructions and see if it shows up on Pg. 2 of Sched E and flows through to your 1040.

1. In your TurboTax program, search for K-1 and select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. This will take you to the Schedule K-1 and Schedule Q screen.
  3. Answer Yes and follow the prompts.
  4. We’ll ask some questions about your K-1, and then you’ll enter the data from the form into TurboTax.

I am using online Premiere edition and it doesn’t allow me to connect K-1 with Schedule E. On review it says I need to select an Schedule E but when I double click on the box to select a schedule E, none of them show up. How do I select the proper Schedule E so that review will be successful?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. On your K1, did you report income in  Box 2 or Box 3 in the program? If so, a Schedule E P.2 should have been generated, with an entry in boxes 29, 30,32, 41 of the form. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies