How do I need to file my taxes for 2018 if I started the year with a LLC in Florida, dissolved mid-way through the year and started another LLC when I moved to NC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

NOTES:
- Single-member LLC
- Name remains the same for NC LLC as it was for FL LLC
- Left Florida in May 2018 to come to N. Carolina

You will need to file a part-year return for North Carolina. Since Florida will not have a return, you still set up as a part year return, so that all the income does not flow to NC where you are being taxed. 

You should used the self-employed TurboTax version and file Schedule C for the business.

Here's further instructions on setting up your part year return.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but to confirm: I don't need to do anything else even though it's two entities and one dissolved? Is that because I'm a single-member LLC? Thank you

Yes, it's really all the same business since it's a disregarded entity for tax purposes. If you have a EIN for each business and you received 1099s for each one, I suppose you could do a separate Schedule C for each. But, those income and expenses all flow to the same place, so I see no reason.