How do I need to file my taxes for 2018 if I started the year with a LLC in Florida, dissolved mid-way through the year and started another LLC when I moved to NC?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I need to file my taxes for 2018 if I started the year with a LLC in Florida, dissolved mid-way through the year and started another LLC when I moved to NC?

NOTES:
- Single-member LLC
- Name remains the same for NC LLC as it was for FL LLC
- Left Florida in May 2018 to come to N. Carolina
3 Replies

You will need to file a part-year return for North Carolina. Since Florida will not have a return, you still set up as a part year return, so that all the income does not flow to NC where you are being taxed. 

You should used the self-employed TurboTax version and file Schedule C for the business.

Here's further instructions on setting up your part year return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302008

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but to confirm: I don't need to do anything else even though it's two entities and one dissolved? Is that because I'm a single-member LLC? Thank you

Yes, it's really all the same business since it's a disregarded entity for tax purposes. If you have a EIN for each business and you received 1099s for each one, I suppose you could do a separate Schedule C for each. But, those income and expenses all flow to the same place, so I see no reason.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings