Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mstemp

How do I list and enter the cost of items individually on form 8949 (part II) which looks like it is part of Schedule D (form 1040)? Thanks

I don't want to lump these particular items together.  I want to list their costs and descriptions separately.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AmandaR1

How do I list and enter the cost of items individually on form 8949 (part II) which looks like it is part of Schedule D (form 1040)? Thanks

You'll need to list each investment sale individually. 

1. Click Personal tab and then Personal Income tab below
  2. Click Show more next to Investment Income 
  3. Click Start/Update next to 1099-B or broker statementsVisit AllStocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other
  4. Next, you'll need to select to enter each sale individually. Or, if you're allready at a summary listing all of your investment sales you can click + Add More Sales to add each sale individually. Then, you can click Delete to the right of a grouped sale 
jyo11

What information I put in from 1099 B  on Sch. D,which can be transferred to 8949?  

Other users have complained that turbotax is summarizing certain transactions on Schedule D (Line 1a and 8a) even if you enter the details yourself for Form 8949.

It shouldn't do this.

You might complain to Customer Service.

Only when sufficient numbers have complained will they think about fixing the issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies