csingh650

How do I input that I have not received any stimulus payments? I followed the instruction to Search"stimulus" then jump to stimulus, but it did not give me input option.

DawnC

The Recovery Rebate Credit or Stimulus Payment questions will only appear if you are eligible for the credit based on the information you’ve provided in TurboTax.  To correctly calculate your recovery rebate credit and determine your eligibility, TurboTax will need your income, expense, credit, and deduction information in full.

If your income is above the thresholds (see below), or if you don’t qualify for other reasons, you won’t see the question at all. In that situation, since you aren’t eligible, you don’t need to enter any information about your stimulus payment and you don’t need to pay any of it back.   Also, it is possible that you may have received one or both of the stimulus payments and still not be eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit based on your Tax Year 2020 information in this year’s filing.   If someone else can claim you, you do not qualify for the stimulus payments.  

• Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien,
  • Have a valid Social Security number, and
  • You can’t have been claimed as a dependent on someone else’s 2020 tax return

In general, taxpayers without an eligible Social Security number are not eligible for the credit. However, married taxpayers filing jointly where one spouse has a Social Security number and one spouse does not, are eligible.    There are also AGI limits to receive the full amount of the credit. Your adjusted gross income (AGI) must be below,

• $75,000 for individuals
  • $112,500 for heads of household
  • $150,000 for married, joint filers

DawnC

• $75,000 for individuals
  • $112,500 for heads of household
  • $150,000 for married, joint filers