How do I file my LLC taxes Without employees? I di...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I file my LLC taxes Without employees? I did not make anything? Do I need to file?

2 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

How do I file my LLC taxes Without employees? I did not make anything? Do I need to file?

Which are you?

• If you are a disregarded non-entity, you do not need to file if you did not make any money. It goes on your personal return as a schedule C. This return is due July 15.
  • If you elected to be an S- Corp, you will need to file a return. Turbo tax business can be found by following this business link.  This return was due March 16.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 15

If you are a disregarded non-entity, you do not need to file if you did not make any money.

That statement is not totally accurate. If you were "open for business" in 2019 and:

Your business has any depreciable assets and/or;

Your business has inventory and/or;

Your business claimed "ANY" business vehicle use then;

You are required to file a tax return to report your business income/expenses (even if zero) along with your asset depreciation and/or inventory and/or business vehilce use (even if that vehicle use is less than 100%)

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings