turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rurikang

How can I remove the check from "Initial Return" box of 1120 Page 1? Filed initial return, 5/18/16-5/31/16. Now trying to file 6/1/16-5/31/17 but it shows initial retur

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I remove the check from "Initial Return" box of 1120 Page 1? Filed initial return, 5/18/16-5/31/16. Now trying to file 6/1/16-5/31/17 but it shows initial retur

Since you are using the same tax year program to complete the short year return & the full year return you CANNOT transfer in the info from the short tax year, you must start fresh. Then you can switch to the FORMS mode to unclick that box. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Since you are using the same tax year program to complete the short year return & the full year return you CANNOT transfer in the info from the short tax year, you must start fresh. Then you can switch to the FORMS mode to unclick that box. 

rurikang

Thank you.  I actually did not transfer the info as I manually prepared the initial return outside of Turbotax.  I started a fresh return in 2016 Turbotax and could not unclick the box in FORMS mode.  Any suggestions?

Long time since I had access to that program but review the Business Info section ... that should be addressed in that area ... something about when the business started & fiscal year info.

If you still need assistance with this issue you probably need to talk directly to TT Customer Support and let them troubleshoot it for you in real time.  They can even screen share if necessary.

1) Go to <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/">https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/</a>
2)  Choose the product platform you are using.
3)  Ask a question or keywords without quotes, and Submit.
4)  On next page, skip the suggested articles if they don't help.
5) Scroll down, and you should be able to enter the Support module to get a phone number. (That will be grayed out when they are closed).
rurikang

Thank you.  It worked
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing

Related Content

Manage cookies