dwampler

Home office expenses

Turbotax thinks I have two home offices, but I only have one.  It asks for expenses from the other office and won't accept 0.00

AnnetteB6

Home office expenses

Go to the main page for your Schedule C business and Edit the home office expense.  This should open the Home Office Summary page where you can delete the second home office completely.  

dwampler

Home office expenses

Thank you for your response.  I deleted an un-named office previously.  The summary sheet shows only the one office, but I still get the error when I try to transmit for efile.

AnnetteB6

Home office expenses

Please share more details about the error message you are seeing.

@dwampler

dwampler

Home office expenses

Thanks again.  I have my home office expenses entered on line 6 of Form 8829.  Line 7 then asks, "IF there is more than one home office, enter the amount of expenses from line 6 allocable to this home office."  

Because have only one home office, all expenses are on line 6.  When I try to enter '$0.00' (or nothing, which defaults to 0) on line 7, the error does not go away and won't let me efile.

DawnC

Home office expenses

Line 7 should be the same as line 3.   It is the Business Use Percentage amount.   If it is zero, you are claiming no deduction.   

If you go through the interview for home office expense and indicate that you only have the 1 office and the square footage of the home and office, TurboTax will automatically fill in that info for you.