Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

me23me

I have C-Corp & received 1099-Misc. C-Corp earned money part of yr. & then I worked part of yr. at a company as an employee. What Turbotax products do I need?

As mentioned, I have a C-Corp that I opened and earned income/paid myself wages for that corp for a few months during 2017. I then decided it was time to work for a large corporation as a salaried employee instead. 

I received a 1099-Misc for services performed at the C-Corp. I also received a W-2 from the company I worked at as a salaried employee. 

After a review of TurboTax Business, it seems to handle the corporate part well but not the personal income in it's entirety...only the amount that I paid myself from the corp. As to that personal income, I can't take personal deductions or credits e.g. child tax credits etc.

In turn, TurboTax Home and Business does not seem to permit specification for my Corporation type. I can enter a 1099-Misc but not for my Corporation just for myself. 

Not opposed to use of both products but don't want to get this wrong and/or complete too many/few forms that might cause problems.

Thanks for any help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

I have C-Corp & received 1099-Misc. C-Corp earned money part of yr. & then I worked part of yr. at a company as an employee. What Turbotax products do I need?

You need both a TurboTax Business (for your corporate return) and a TurboTax individual product. 

Something that you should know is that you should have paid yourself W-2 wages from your corporation, not a 1099-MISC. Corporate officers are generally considered employees of their corporations. See  this link to the IRS discussion, including treating employees as nonemployees.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
me23me

Hi, thank you. Someone who I performed services for issued my corporation a 1099-MISC is what I was trying to say. I purchased a copy of TurboTax Business today but wasn't sure what other individual product might work out for me. Any suggestions there? I have Home and Business already. Thanks so far!
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Then that's all you need! A business program and a personal program.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies