turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joeallman

Hi. For my 2017 federal return, I need to see the inputs that led to the capital gain value. I was not required to file a Schedule D. How can I see those TurboTax inputs?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Hi. For my 2017 federal return, I need to see the inputs that led to the capital gain value. I was not required to file a Schedule D. How can I see those TurboTax inputs?

Save a PDF of the return to see all the worksheets. 

If you used the Online web version and want to see your actual entries you need to download the tax data file ending in .tax2017 and install the Desktop program to open it in the program.  

If you didn't have to file Schedule D then the most common situation where this arises is that you didn't have any security sales of your own but simply recorded capital gains distributions reported on Form 1099-DIV.  If you still have those 1099-DIVs, (you should have, attached to your paper copy of your 2017 income tax return), you might simply look at those.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies