dglenn

Form W2 2019 smart check

I am preparing my 2019 W2 for my only employee, who earned less than 18k.  When I run smartcheck, I get an error message that boxes 12 & 14 are empty.  Those boxes do not apply to me (and I do not see a "does not apply" choice), yet I cannot get past smartcheck.  I deleted the W2 and reentered the same information...  Still get the errors.

I've checked all of the worksheet questions, and I cannot see what I am missing - any ideas?

AlexanderS08

Form W2 2019 smart check

I suggest you try using a Box 12 Code, for example, Code DD for box 12 which is cost of employer sponsored health insurance. If you do not provide health insurance, enter 0.00.

Also check to see if when you are clicking into box 12 or 14 that it creates a blank box that needs to be completed? In other words could you just delete those boxes if they appear? You may not receive the error if empty boxes don't generate.

dglenn

Form W2 2019 smart check

Thank you for replying!

I typed DD and then zero amount into Box 12 - but I still get the error.

I tried to delete a blank space/box, but neither box creates an empty field.  It only allows choices from the drop-down menu.  

I think I will disregard the error and see if I can print the forms regardless since I know my 0 answers are correct for my situation.

Again I thank you for trying to help me!!