renatadiliscia

For some reason my 2018 Federal Tax Return is giving me a $37 qualified business income deduction. I don't have a business, or earned any wages in 2018. How can I correct this ?

KrisD

Did you report dividends?
renatadiliscia

Yes, but is that "business income?"
KrisD

Some dividends will qualify for the QBI deduction.

According to the IRS:

1. Eligible taxpayers may also be entitled to a deduction of up to 20 percent of their combined qualified real estate investment trust (REIT) dividends and qualified publicly traded partnership (PTP) income. This component of the section 199A deduction is not limited by W-2 wages or the UBIA of qualified property.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-provision-11011-section-199a-qualified-business-i...