turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For 2019, I used TurboTax Business for K-1s for two S-Corp's. The QBI amounts are not on the Form 8995 for the QBI deduction. How do I fix this for the 8995 form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

For 2019, I used TurboTax Business for K-1s for two S-Corp's. The QBI amounts are not on the Form 8995 for the QBI deduction. How do I fix this for the 8995 form?

To enter your box 17 code V information properly, Continue through the K-1 interview after you have entered your code V for box 17.  There is a screen near the end of the interview titled "We need some more information about your 199A income or loss".  This screen must be completed in order for your box 17 code V information to be correctly input into TurboTax.

To get back to the K-1 summary screen and find the Schedule K-1 to edit, click the "magnifying glass Search" icon on the top row, enter "k-1" in the search window and press return or enter, and then click on the "Jump to k-1" link to find the K-1 you need to edit.

Here is a screenshot of the screen you are looking for:

And, depending on what is reported on your K-1 statement, you may need the next screen as well:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

The form 8995 is created by TurboTax to calculate the QBI deduction on the personal tax return of each shareholder.

It is not attached to the tax return of the S-Corp (form 1120S).

I understand that, but after I enter my K-1s in TurboTax for our joint return it's showing zeros on the Form 8995.  The K-1s Box 17 has a V *STMT.  How do I enter that into TurboTax?

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

To enter your box 17 code V information properly, Continue through the K-1 interview after you have entered your code V for box 17.  There is a screen near the end of the interview titled "We need some more information about your 199A income or loss".  This screen must be completed in order for your box 17 code V information to be correctly input into TurboTax.

To get back to the K-1 summary screen and find the Schedule K-1 to edit, click the "magnifying glass Search" icon on the top row, enter "k-1" in the search window and press return or enter, and then click on the "Jump to k-1" link to find the K-1 you need to edit.

Here is a screenshot of the screen you are looking for:

And, depending on what is reported on your K-1 statement, you may need the next screen as well:

Under the uncommon adjustments, what is the "wages of XX" asking for?

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

This line of the Other Uncommon Adjustments screen is for W-2 wages allocable to qualified payments from specified cooperatives. 

Until the box for that item is operable in the Step-by-Step interview, this item can only be entered on the K-1 in Forms mode of the Download/CD version of TurboTax.  This issue has been submitted but no date has been given for resolution.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies