Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Food truck purchase

Food Truck purchase. Can I treat a food truck buy as an asset purchase and break it down in the Assets Sales Agreement to include a “good Will” value for tax purpose. For Example: truck $10,000–Refrigerator$1000–Stove $500–Good Will $1000?

Considering that tangible  and intangible assets are taxed differently. This is for a CA Corporation.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Food truck purchase

When you buy a business the assets are spelled out in the purchase agreement ...  so if you both agree on the prince of the hard assets then what is leftover has to be the intangible items like good will ... you will NOT break out the purchase price of the truck into categories of your own choosing if they are not spelled out in the sales agreement ... seek local professional assistance if required like an attorney. 

Carl
Level 15

Food truck purchase

Can I treat a food truck buy as an asset purchase and break it down in the Assets Sales Agreement to include a “good Will” value for tax purpose.

That's actually more of a legal question dealing with the written sales agreement, more so than taxes. We don't offer legal advice here. I suggest you consult with competent legal authority  in your state for a definitive and legally correct answer to what I see as a perfectly valid question. Trusting those of us in this public user-to-user forum to provide a legally valid answer is dangerous.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies