Entering k1 deduction does not affect tax calculation

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barb7755

I have a K1 Form 1041, I did upgrade to the Premier edition because I received this form.  The lawyer stated this would be a miscellaneous deduction, however when I enter this into the section on the form and it appears in Box 11 it does not change my tax owed.  It is not showing up at all under deductions section and it shows the Trust name under Business Items but there is a 0 amount.

1 Reply
LudwigVan_fan
Level 7

If the what the attorney said is correct, the deduction would be on Sch A, Itemized Deductions.  Unless it meets criteria for an exception, it would be subject to 2% of AGI.

If when combined with other misc. deductions, they don't exceed 2% of AGI, and/or your total itemized deductions don't exceed the standard deduction amount, then it won't have an effect on taxable income.

If you can, preview the worksheet and/or the actual Sch A...it should be showing up there in the misc. deductions as part of the amounts before computing 2% of AGI.

**Disclaimer: Effort has been made to offer correct information; but due to the discussion forum limitations, the poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the poster's response**
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings