cherguin

EIN snd dba businseese

I started two businesses in 2019.  The first business is an single person LLC with an EIN.  The second is a dba business under the LLC.  My question is this: When filing my return do I list both the EIN business as well as the dba business, or does everything roll up to the LLC with the EIN.  Neither business has employees or a payroll.

HelenC12

EIN snd dba businseese

Each business should be reported separately. You'll generate two Schedule C's, one with your Social Security number (SSN) and the other with the Single Member LLC Employer Identification Number (EIN).

To enter and create more than one Schedule C, see the following instructions: Where do I enter Schedule C?

If you run a small business as an independent contractor, freelancer, single-member LLC, you'll need to use one of the following versions. 

Related information:

Sgwilson

EIN snd dba businseese

Thanks. So just to be clear, for the dba business I use my ssn instead of the EIN of the parent company?

ColeenD3

EIN snd dba businseese

@Sgwilson

Yes, you would use your Social Security number, not the EIN of the parent company.

Mike_Man

EIN snd dba businseese

Since 2015 Me and my wife have an LLC (S Corporation) 50-50 just me and her.  My question is: We teach people stock/option trading and it is called the "Unique Miracle System." Do we have to have a dba for that?

KrisD15

EIN snd dba businseese

No, not for tax filing, 

HOWEVER

Doing Business As (dba) is issued and regulated by the state or county in which the business is located. The purpose is to protect someone else from using your name and/or image. It is also possible for someone else to register the same name as a dba in which case you may not be able to use it anymore.

It is not required nor needed for filing tax returns.