turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scmcorp

Does income from a 1099-NEC need to be entered on a Schedule C? The software will not let me complete my filing because it says there needs to be an entry in Box 1.

I have entered my nonemployee compensation in Box 1, but your software will not let me file until another entry is made. Your soft ware will not accept my entry. Please call me.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Does income from a 1099-NEC need to be entered on a Schedule C? The software will not let me complete my filing because it says there needs to be an entry in Box 1.

Yes it does ... and there is an glitch  right now ... so delete the 1099 you entered and put the income in the OTHER SE income section instead ...  

sch C other income 2020.jpg

scmcorp

I did what you said, and it did not correct the problem. TurboTax needs to correct the program so the new entry will be accepted. This is the only thing I have left to do before filing. Please correct the 1099-NEC issue so I can file my taxes.

The NEC issue has been corrected ... delete the 1099 form you already entered then log out and reboot the computer and/or clear your cookies and/or switch browsers then try again.  Or skip the 1099 entry section all together and enter the income in the Other income section mentioned in the other answer ... it is a legal way to enter this info.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies