walteranddebra

Do I need to set up a separate TT account (separate from my personal taxes) to file a Exempt Trust on 1041?

Carl

Nope. You can't use the online version of the program to file a trust, estate, S-Corp or partnership return. You have to purchase TurboTax Business (different from Home & Business) and physically install it on your windows computer. TurboTax Business is not available online, or for MACs. It's for the windows platform only. You can purchase it at https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

TurboTax Business can not be used to file ANY type of personal tax return. (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ). It can only be used to file a return for a non-living non-breathing separately taxable entity such as an estate, trust, S-Corp, C-Corp, multi-member LLC, Partnership, and a few others.

Carl

walteranddebra

Thank you!  Answers that question!