Solved: Do i need to file taxes for my business if i only opened a business account but didn't open it the business yet?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do i need to file taxes for my business if i only opened a business account but didn't open it the business yet?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee Tax Expert

Do i need to file taxes for my business if i only opened a business account but didn't open it the business yet?

No, you do not need to file if you do not have income or expenses to report.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Employee Tax Expert

No, you do not need to file if you do not have income or expenses to report.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay perfect and if i'm not planing on opening that business anymore what should i do with my EIN number and SUNBIZ DOC number?
Highlighted
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS does not cancel an EIN once issued.  If you set up a taxpayer account for your EIN, you will need to contact the IRS to close that account.  Info can be found here:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Canceling-an-EIN-Closing-Your-Accoun...>

The State of Florida could provide instructions on cancelling the state number.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice thank you so much for that information
Privacy Settings