Depreciation on a business asset: Turbotax used Declining Balance in the past, but is giving me very different numbers for 2018. How do I fix this?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Depreciation on a business asset: Turbotax used Declining Balance in the past, but is giving me very different numbers for 2018. How do I fix this?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. Not an expert here. I found a calculator at macrs online that gave me numbers that matched Turbotax from 2013, 14 and 15. It goes to SL in 2019 and gives me much larger depreciation for 2018 than Turbotax now does. Seems like Turbotax changed to a different Depreciation Schedule somewhere.
Highlighted
Level 15

MACRS declining balance method switches to straight line over remaining life when that produces a larger deduction than the declining balance method

v
Privacy Settings