Coyote_Co

"Can't file your return just yet" - Is this accurate?

I'm trying to finish my 2019 business taxes, but turbotax Business says Form 1065 and associated forms are not ready yet. (see below)

Is this correct?

image.pngimage.png

Your program is NOT up to date ... run a program update.

Open TurboTax and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top. On a Mac, simply quit and reopen TurboTax. If there are any updates, you'll be prompted to download them.

Tips:

• It's best to use a wired, high-speed connection when updating, both to save time and minimize data corruption.
  • If your connection drops in the middle of the update, try again; it should pick up where it left off.
  • If you're having trouble updating on your PC, try a manual update.

Related Information:

If your partnership is a calendar year business then the 2019 return is now LATE and is racking up the penalties for late filing monthly ... it was due 3/15 unless it was put on extension then you had until 9/15 so file the return ASAP. 

According to the IRS, “The penalty is $210 for each month or part of a month (for a maximum of 12 months) the failure continues, multiplied by the total number of persons who were partners in the partnership during any part of the partnership's tax year for which the return is due.”

Coyote_Co

Thank you Critter-3.  After updating manually, I received a prompt for a license key (which I did not have, for some reason).  So I ended up calling customer support and they hooked me up with one.

Thank you for the help!