I've always filed as owning my own business. All the info is here. I accidentally clicked on "side job" rather than owning my own business, which gave me the wrong forms. But it won't let me go back and change it now. I need the right forms! Turbo tax changed it's design, which I'm having a harder time following. I just need to go back and change it from side job, to owning my own business... because it keeps asking me who gave me a 1099...which no one did because I own the business. I need to file shcedule C... How do I change this?!
The easiest way to do this is to create a Schedule C, then delete your Form 1099-MISC.
To enter a Schedule C in TurboTax Self-Employed online edition, here are the steps:
1. Sign into your account and select Take me to my return
2. At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in schedule C and Enter
3. Select Jump to schedule C
4. On screen, Did you have any self employment income or expenses? Answer Yes, continue to enter information
After you are done, return to remove the Form 1099-MISC from the program.
To delete the form, please follow:
1. Sign into your account, select Take me to my return
2. On your left, Select Tax Tools / drop down menu
3. Select Tools
4. Under Other helpful links, choose Delete a form
5. Select Delete next to Form 1099-MSIC and Continue with My Return to proceed
Let me know if this works. Please write back for any further assistance.