Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hjwander

Can I get my wife's name on Schedule C as the sole proprietor instead of myself?

When I open the Schedule C worksheet it has my name as the proprietor and i am unable to change it to my wife.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

Can I get my wife's name on Schedule C as the sole proprietor instead of myself?

You should be able to check that box by going through the interview questions as follows. (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.) See the question "The business is owned by..."

1.       Click the Business tab at the top

2.       On Business Income and Expenses screen, click Continue

3.       Click I'll choose what I work on

4.       Scroll down to the Business Income and Expenses section

5.       Click Start (or Update) next to Business Income and Expenses (Sch C)

6.       On the Here's the business info we have so far screen, click Edit next to the business

7.       On the Business Profile screen, click Update under General Business Information

8.       On the Let's confirm your business info Screen, click Edit next to "Business is owned by"

After you make your selection, you must continue working through that section until you come to Let's confirm your business info Screen, and click Continue. Your changes are not saved until you click Continue.

Att business address

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelDC

You should be able to check that box by going through the interview questions as follows. (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.) See the question "The business is owned by..."

1.       Click the Business tab at the top

2.       On Business Income and Expenses screen, click Continue

3.       Click I'll choose what I work on

4.       Scroll down to the Business Income and Expenses section

5.       Click Start (or Update) next to Business Income and Expenses (Sch C)

6.       On the Here's the business info we have so far screen, click Edit next to the business

7.       On the Business Profile screen, click Update under General Business Information

8.       On the Let's confirm your business info Screen, click Edit next to "Business is owned by"

After you make your selection, you must continue working through that section until you come to Let's confirm your business info Screen, and click Continue. Your changes are not saved until you click Continue.

Att business address

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies