recollin

Can I enter K1 information on the 1040 form already filed with turbo tax preimer or do I need to purchase turbo business?

I understand I need turbo business to file the 1041, that I can purchase but I have already filed all my personal income and received refund. Will filing a separate 1041 be a problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EricG1

TurboTax Premier can handle the K-1 information.

To enter information from Schedule K-1, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal Taxes > Wages & Income [In TT Self-Employed Personal > Personal Income > I'll choose what I work on].  [See Screenshot #1, below.]
  2. Under Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income, click on the box next to Schedule K-1.
  3. Click Yes on the next screen, Schedules K-1 or Q.  [Screenshot #2]
  4. On the Tell Us About Your Schedules K-1 screen.  Click on the Start/Update box next to Partnerships/LLCs (Form 1065).  [Screenshot #3]
  5. If you have already entered K-1 information, you will see a Summary screen.  Click Add Another K-1 to enter your information  (or click on Edit to continue with the existing form entry).  [Screenshot #4]
  6. If you haven't started entering K-1 information, continue through the screens, entering the requested information.