mattdcastro

Can can anyone tell me why it ask me to enter 1099-NEC form when i said i dont have one. is it because i entered info for my business?

AnnetteB6

If you had self-employment income from last year, a blank Form 1099-NEC may have been imported in anticipation of you needing to fill it out this year.  

Try using the following steps to delete any unused Form 1099-NEC that you see since you did not receive one for 2020:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “1099-NEC” and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to 1099-NEC
  • Click on the blue “Jump to 1099-NEC” link

This will bring you to the summary of all Form 1099-NEC that are in your return.  Click Delete or the trash can icon next to each one.

AnnetteB6

mattdcastro

Yes this helped thank you so much!