Solved: But must I file a Copy 1 of my sole contractor's 1099 with the Oregon Dept. of Revenue?

jessebarton

But must I file a Copy 1 of my sole contractor's 1099 with the Oregon Dept. of Revenue?

Must sole proprietors file Copy 1 of 1099's with the Oregon Dept. of Revenue?

CarolC

Yes.  If you are the person who issued Form 1099-MISC to an employee(s), then Oregon Department of Revenue requires a copy as well.  The 1099-MISC must be filed electronically.  The deadline for reporting Box 7 income is January 31st.

However, if you are the person who received Form 1099-MISC, as an independent contractor, then you do not need to send a copy to the State of Oregon. 

Click here to visit the Businesses section of the Oregon Department of Revenue website.  Click the blue box on the right side of the page titled Take Me to iWire to establish your reporting account.

CarolC