ryorizzo

business deductions missing

I entered my business income (1099- MISC) and also entered a supply expense and my health care and LTC priemums but they don't show on my schedule C. It shows net income and gross as the same.  

DavidS127

business deductions missing

The health care and LTC premiums will not show up on your Schedule C.  Instead, the deductions for self-employed health insurance appear on Schedule 1, Part II, Line 16.

If you entered an expense for supplies, it should be on your Schedule C.  If it is not, you should go back through the expense section for that business, to check the entry.  Note that if you entered the supplies in the "Cost of Goods Sold" section, it is deducted (on Line 4 of Schedule C) from Total Gross Receipts or Sales" to arrive at Gross Profit.

jaewaldt

business deductions missing

hey david.  as a self-employed I'm not seeing where to enter business expenses associated with a 1099-M entry, is it only entered on Sched C?

Tks.

DavidS127

business deductions missing

Yes, the business expenses associated with your 1099-MISC income are entered on the Schedule C for that business.