turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BUG in 2019 TurboTax Business - Does not transfer Shareholders from last year's return

After transferring my 2018 business return the 2019 software does not have my shareholders. 2019 wants me to add shareholders and then thinks I have changes in shareholders which I do not.

All other business info appears to have transferred properly.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

BUG in 2019 TurboTax Business - Does not transfer Shareholders from last year's return

@ebox01 wrote:

@untuit, @turbotax - are you going to fix this bug?

You cannot "tag" Intuit or TurboTax. Regardless, the developers have done some testing on an 1120-S return and discovered that the user had checked a box in the 2018 version to the effect that 2018 was the last year the shareholder held shares (or something of that nature). As a result, the shareholder did not transfer into the 2019 product.

I would recommend, again, checking your 2018 return. Otherwise, contact Support (link below).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

View solution in original post

41 Replies

@ebox01 Thank you for reporting. This is somewhat of a known issue but does not occur across the board. The developers are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.

OK thanks for the quick response. I wish I had known about this before beginning my return.

Please notify when I should try again. Thanks.

I am curious to know how this can be "...somewhat of a known issue..." 

The data transfer process either works or it doesn't. This is software.

Please fix and let me know when I can start my return. Thanks.

@ebox01 wrote:

I am curious to know how this can be "...somewhat of a known issue..." 

I used the word "somewhat" actually in the wrong sense and, probably, it is the wrong word entirely.

What I was trying to convey is that "some users" are experiencing this issue, not all. In fact, I have done numerous test returns for partnerships (1065) and S corporations (1120-S) and cannot reproduce it. 

I have tried twice now and both times it correctly moves my company data with the exception of Partner data.

Then the app thinks I have made changes in partnerships and wants me to re-add the partners. So I am stuck and cannot proceed to complete my return.

Is there a work around?

@ebox01 wrote:

Is there a work around?

There does not appear to be a workaround other than starting a completely new return.

Hopefully, the developers will have a fix in the near future that will eliminate this issue.

Not exactly what I was hoping to hear. I paid for this software and I would really like it to work.

This is the 5th year I have purchased TurboTax Business and it has always worked in the past.

Here's the deal. If I have to start a completely new return because of a bug in TurboTax then I believe I'll ask for my money back and switch to a different software company. 

Your solution is unacceptable.

@ebox01 wrote:

Your solution is unacceptable.

The solution was stated in the alternative; start a new return or wait for the fix via an update.

Personally, my preference would be to wait until the developers release a software update.

How do I know that the product group is aware of this and has a plan to fix it?

@ebox01 wrote:

How do I know that the product group is aware of this and has a plan to fix it?

It has been reported to support and the moderators of this board and both have passed it along to the developers. 

I am also having this same issue.  Do we know when the fix will happen?

@IowaRealtor wrote:

I am also having this same issue.  Do we know when the fix will happen?

Currently, there is no set release date.

Hi IowaRealtor, This is kind of maddening right? I am very frustrated by the lack of information from Intuit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies