Solved: As a self-employed sales person, should I enter gross income as a total of sales or do I need to itemize and enter each sale individually?

mpollini209

As a self-employed sales person, should I enter gross income as a total of sales or do I need to itemize and enter each sale individually?

DanielV01

Generally speaking, gross total is sufficient.  Of course, it is excellent to maintain detailed records in case the IRS or the state questions the amount so you can prove what you are claiming on the return.  But the IRS is truly only interested in the total figure.

DanielV01