tfmorris

Are there special forms/requirements for Sole Proprietor business closed at the end of 2017?

I was the only person in the business, I did heating and air conditioning repair and service. I closed the business on Dec 31, 2017.

Leonard

No, if you were doing business as a Sole proprietor and closed your business at the end of the year you do not have to complete any special forms/requirements for the IRS.

However, you may be required to notify your state or local government offices if you have a business license or sales tax permit.

[Edited 03/10/2020 | 8:47 am PDT]

Leonard

[Edited 03/10/2020 | 8:47 am PDT]

tfmorris

Thanks for the prompt, clear response. I have spent hours searching IRS documents and never found anything that addressed my question!