turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

A form 8960 has been automatically created for me, but this should apply to my situation. How do you delete/remove that form? Is it because I answered wrongly a question?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
PatriciaR

A form 8960 has been automatically created for me, but this should apply to my situation. How do you delete/remove that form? Is it because I answered wrongly a question?

Form 8960 is Net Investment Income Tax - Individuals, Estates, and Trusts.  If you do not need this form, here is a TurboTax FAQ with the steps:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288508

mkelleriu

I tried this solution, but the form isn't deleted and I still cannot file my return.
tquinlan

I have the same problem: form 8960 was created, but not needed for my situation. I followed the steps to delete the form but it does not get deleted. This form is the only thing preventing me from filing.
mwils166

same for me - i deleted it twice
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies