• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelbrown1103
Returning Member

2020 HOME AND BUSINESS. WHERE DO I ENTER NONEMPLOEE COMPENSATION FOR CONTRACTORS

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
tagteam
Level 15

2020 HOME AND BUSINESS. WHERE DO I ENTER NONEMPLOEE COMPENSATION FOR CONTRACTORS

Are you trying to enter compensation you received or generate a tax reporting statement to be issued to contractors you paid.

Nonemployee compensation is now entered on Form 1099-NEC, which is supported by TurboTax Home & Business. 

If you are trying to enter compensation you received, first update your software. You can enter the figure as 1099-NEC income or General Business Income, both found under the Business tab in the program.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
tagteam
Level 15

Are you trying to enter compensation you received or generate a tax reporting statement to be issued to contractors you paid.

Nonemployee compensation is now entered on Form 1099-NEC, which is supported by TurboTax Home & Business. 

If you are trying to enter compensation you received, first update your software. You can enter the figure as 1099-NEC income or General Business Income, both found under the Business tab in the program.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v