Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

1099misc if filed in business do you file again in common income

I am trying to amend my personal income tax return to include my single entity/ownership LLC.  How do I file an amendment on TurboTax with Schedule C to show my business expense detail for 2016?
1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

1099misc if filed in business do you file again in common income

No. Enter Form 1099-MISC only once. If you have already entered Form 1099-MISC as business income, TurboTax carries the information over to Schedule C.

The easiest way to find Schedule C in TurboTax is to use the Search box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Enter "schedule c", hit Enter, then click on "jump to schedule c". This will take you directly to the start of this section where you can set up your business, review your income, and enter your expenses.

Or go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "schedule c", click the topic in the list, then click "GO".

(If you are using the mobile app and don't have My Account or Tools on your screen, try logging into TurboTax from a laptop or desktop browser.)

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings