turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099 G Form in TT only lets me select an individual as the reipient - 1099 G is written to the farm and farm EIN

Hi Geniuses,

Our farm gets a 1099-G every year for ag payments. However, in TT TY2018 it only lets me select me or my wife and enters our SSNs on the 1099G form in TT.

I can not find a way, even in forms, to enter the Farm as a recipient with the farm's EIN. 

Help??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

1099 G Form in TT only lets me select an individual as the reipient - 1099 G is written to the farm and farm EIN

Need one thing clarified here.

"Our farm"

If you are reporting this on SCH F as a part of your personal 1040 tax return, then it can't be "our" farm. Either you or your spouse claims to own it. But not both of you. So just use the SSN of the owner of the farm and you're fine since the IRS knows what SSN that EIN is tied to.

If you are not reporting this on SCH F as a part of your personal 1040 tax return, then how are you reporting it? on a 1065 Partnership/multi-member LLC? 1120 C-Corp? 1120-S S-Corp?

Furthermore, I"m also assuming your payments are in box 7 of that 1099-MISC.

Thanks!!! That ssn/win makes sense. It’s just confusing that the 1099G is made out to the Farm but there’s no way to do that in TT.

The income is via box 6 which is another thing...because it is NRCS eqip money which can be excluded per IRS rules if it passes a 3 part test.

And TT has no way to exclude grants from box 6!even if it’s rules allow it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies