1099-G Agriculture Payment

lmtz21

1099-G Agriculture Payment

I received a 1099-G Agriculture payment from the US Dept of Agriculture. Turbo Tax is not including this amount in my income. Any ideas why?

ColeenD3

1099-G Agriculture Payment

Where did you enter it?

From rjs:

In the Search box type "government payments" (without the quotes), then click the link that says "Jump to government payments." The first screen asks "Did you have any of these types of income?" The list does not include agricultural program payments, but click Yes anyway. On the next screen check the box for "Other Government Payments reported on Form 1099-G" and click Continue. After that it will be clear what to do.

hillbros

1099-G Agriculture Payment

We received 1099-G from USDA with income in box 4 (taxable grants).  The "government payments" in TT home and office business section for farms does not show box 4 or anything about taxable grants.  I found TT allowed box 4 entry in personal income under 1099-G.  Which is the best place to enter this 1099-G?

1099-G Agriculture Payment

@hillbros wrote:

On the screen Tell Us About Your Government Payment check the box Federal or state income tax was withheld on this payment

On the following screen box 4 will be shown

hillbros

1099-G Agriculture Payment

Sorry, I was wrong about box 4....it's actually box 6...taxable grants. Now what should I do?

Thanks

1099-G Agriculture Payment

@hillbros wrote:

Thanks

Box 6 is shown on the page for taxable grants.

Enter grants in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to grants

On the screen Did you have any of these types of income? click on Yes

On the screen State and local tax refunds and other government payments check the box Other Government Payments reported on Form 1099-G and Continue

On the screen Any Other Government Payments?  click on YES and Continue

On the screen What Type of Payment Did You Receive? select Taxable grant and Continue

Enter the Form 1099-G 

hillbros

1099-G Agriculture Payment

Thanks DoninGA.  That's exactly where I put the info.  Just needed assurance it was the correct place. 

bb114

1099-G Agriculture Payment

Turbo Tax asks for 1099-G data in two places - under personal income and under farm and farm rental income. I need to know if it should be entered in both places or only one.