1 employee/owner S-corp SEP max contribution limit...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

1 employee/owner S-corp SEP max contribution limit who gets 1099 from customer. How to determine net earnings since the S-corp income goes to personal income tax return.

Can i contribute 25% of total amount in 1099 (i.e. amount in 1099 is basis for "net earnings" or "compensation") or do i need to subtract business expenses from them?
2 Replies
Level 15

1 employee/owner S-corp SEP max contribution limit who gets 1099 from customer. How to determine net earnings since the S-corp income goes to personal income tax return.

Level 15

The S-corp shareholder's compensation is the amount reported on the shareholder's W-2 from the S corp.  It's what the S corp paid the shareholder in wages or salary.

S corp shareholders receive a W-2, not a Form 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC.  S-corp shareholders are employees of the S corp.  They are not self-employed.

If this is your first year having an S corp, you should get professional help.  Making mistakes with an S corp can be quite costly.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings