In TurboTax, the program is not calculating the phaseout limitation correct for General Motors electric vehicles on Form 8936.
For example, if you bought a Chevy Bolt between Sept. 30, 2019 to March 31, 2020, you should receive 25% of the credit. Currently, the program is calculating that you would not receive any credit.
This issue is projected to be resolved by 02/05/2021. Please sign-up here to receive email updates.
- TurboTax Online system requirements
- Minimum system requirements for TurboTax Mac software
- IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products
- Are there any personal (individual) tax situations or calculations that TurboTax doesn't handle?
- TurboTax for Mac won't open when installed