If your TurboTax installation won't progress past 0%, your Windows Installer is damaged.
Press Ctrl-Alt-Del, and then select Task Manager.
- Select the Processes tab and then select Image Name to alphabetize the processes.
- If msiexec.exe is in the list, select it, and then click End Process.
- On the Windows taskbar, select Start, then Control Panel.
- Select Administrative Tools and then Services.
- Locate and open the Windows Installer service.
- Verify that the startup type is manual and the service status is stopped.
- Install (or update) TurboTax.
If this problem persists, follow the steps on the Microsoft site.