In some cases the Meals with Clients expense category did not import correctly from QuickBooks Self-Employed. Other expense categories were sent correctly and are not impacted.
To ensure your 2018 tax return is accurate and you get the maximum refund we strongly recommend you check your return before filing.
- Sign in to TurboTax.
- Select Take me to my return.
- Select Federal from the left menu.
- Select Income & Expenses at the top of the screen.
- ind the self-employed income and expenses you want to update. Select Review or Edit.
- Select Edit next to the Meals (50% limit) expense line item.
- Select Add expenses for this work if you don’t already have a Meals (50% limit) expense line item.
- Update the Meals (50% limit) expense amount.
- Select Continue.
- In a separate or incognito browser, sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed. If you use the same browser, you will be logged out of TurboTax.
- Go to the Taxes tab, using the left-hand navigation menu.
- Select Annual Taxes.
- Select 2018 in the year selection at the top of the Annual Taxes tab.
- Scroll down to the Schedule C Deductions, expand Business deductions and find Meals and the Spending amount. This includes anything you categorized as Meals and Meals with Clients in QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Verify TurboTax reflects the spending amount you’ve entered into QuickBooks Self-Employed.
Tip: You can go deeper by selecting the spending dollar amount and reviewing the individual transactions.
- How do I access QuickBooks Self-Employed?
- How do I access TurboTax Self-Employed when Im ready to export my Quickbooks Self-Employed tax info?
- How do I get help for QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE)?
- How do I import QuickBooks data into the TurboTax CD/Download for Windows?
- How do I send my QuickBooks Self-Employed tax information to TurboTax?