.NET Framework Verification Tool can't be found occurs when installing or uninstalling TurboTax for Windows.
Alternately, if .NET Framework 4.x isn't installed, you may see an error about a missing temporary file.
If our .NET Framework troubleshooting steps didn't resolve the issue, these errors might not be due to a problem with the .NET framework. Instead, it could be that other software is preventing the TurboTax installer from creating necessary files.
- Open System Configuration.
- Select the Start button (right-click in Windows 8), select Control Panel, and select System and Security (or System and Maintenance).
- Select Administrative Tools, and then open System Configuration.
- If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select the General tab, select Diagnostic startup, select OK, and then select Restart.
- Install or uninstall TurboTax again.