Error code -36 is a generic Mac read/write error that usually appears when attempting to install programs, including TurboTax for Mac.
It can occur if your computer can't read the files from the TurboTax CD or if those files can't be fully copied to your hard drive.
We recommend running your Mac Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility) to check for hard drive problems first.
If you're installing from a download, make sure your operating system is fully up-to-date and that you have sufficient free disk space (at least 20% more than the minimum required). To check your current hard drive usage:
- From the Apple menu, found at the top-left of your screen, choose About This Mac.
- Select the More Info... button toward the bottom of the window.
- At the top of the next window, select the Storage tab.
If installing from a CD, make sure it's clean and smudge-free:
- Using plain water and a lint-free cloth, carefully wipe the CD from the center straight to the edge (never use a circular motion).
- Let the CD dry completely and install.