turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chloekhoury0128
Returning Member

where are my taxes:(

I filed my taxes at the beginning of April and I sent it in via mail. I have already received my state taxes but not my federal taxes and every time I try to track it, it says my information.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

where are my taxes:(

When you mailed in your tax returns, did you use a mailing service that tracked it -- like UPS or certified mail so you know for certain that the IRS received it?  Did you mail your state and federal returns separately to the correct addresses ?  We sometimes see people who mail them together in the same envelope--when you do that, the federal return that was sent to the state, for instance, just likely ends up in a shredder.    Did you mail your federal return to the IRS?

Or perhaps it is just taking longer than you thought it would to get your federal refund.  Mailed returns are processed by overworked, understaffed IRS employees and it takes longer.  Does it show anything on the IRS refund site when you enter your Social Security number, your filing status and the exact amount of your federal refund from line 20a of your Form 1040?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies