turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do i never received my state taxes

What do I do if I never received my state taxes but I received my federal
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Was your state Accepted?  Check here, https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

Or when you log in does your state say Started, Ready to Mail, Printed, etc?  

Track State https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

I have not received my state taxes for 2019 and I have not received my federal over payment from my unemployment?

@Jaydawg-55 Does your TurboTax account indicate that the 2019 state return was accepted?  Or does it say "rejected" or "ready to mail?"    If it shows that it was accepted then contact the state to see what happened.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

If it was rejected , or not filed at all, then print, sign and mail it in to the state.   It cannot be e-filed now.

As for the unemployment refund:

You will get an additional federal income tax refund for the unemployment exclusion if all of the following are true.

• You reported unemployment benefits as income on your 2020 tax return, on Schedule 1 line 7.
  • You did not get the unemployment exclusion on the 2020 tax return that you filed. The unemployment exclusion would appear as a negative amount on Schedule 1 line 8, with the abbreviation UCE on the dotted line to the left of the amount.
  • Your tax on Form 1040 line 16 is not zero.
  • Your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), not including unemployment, is less than $150,000.

So far the IRS has issued over 11 million of those “extra” refunds for tax on unemployment.   The IRS issued the latest round of about 430,000 of these refunds on November 1, 2021.  Another round of these refunds is supposed to be issued before the end of 2021.

The IRS is recalculating refunds for people whose AGI is $150K or below and who filed before the tax law that changed the amount of unemployment that is taxable on a federal return became effective.   

The IRS began to send out the additional refund checks for tax withheld from unemployment in May.  The refunds are being sent out in batches—starting with the simplest returns first.   If you are eligible for the extra refund for federal tax that was withheld from your unemployment the IRS will be sending you an additional refund sometime during the next several months.  TurboTax cannot track or predict when it will be sent.  The IRS has not provided a way for you to track it, so all you can do is wait for the refund to arrive.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies