turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax return got rejected

Why my tax return got rejected
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Tax return got rejected

How can I fix my tax return

erflowers

Tax return got rejected

I efiled my 2018 tax return and it was rejected. I was told by IRS that the 2017 AGI number was incorrect so I ordered a 2017 transcript from the irs and found out I was originally using the correct AGI for 2017. Therefore I refiled 2018 by eile using $0 as AGI since 2017 return had originally been filed late. Just received a notice from IRS and State that the return was again rejected?

Tax return got rejected

If you filed your 2017 return late, or if you amended it, the correct 2017 AGI is not in the system, even if you are using the AGI that is shown on your 2017 tax return.  Try using zero.  If "zero" will not allow you to e-file, then you have to print, sign and mail your 2018 return.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS and/or your state received the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies