turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Over 4 months no refund

I filed my taxes 1/29/19. Letter received dated 3/13/19 saying the need to review 60 more days. Unspecified date, state of Oregon kept refund due to spouses back child support even though injured spouse form was filled. Called on day 60, 5/13/19. Informed by IRS agent that they cannot "find" my main source of income for 2018. Letter dated 5/21/19 saying they need an unspecified amount of time to review longer. Reason, "we're waiting for your tax account information to be available on our computer system." What in the heck?!?! Has anyone had this happen before? I've talked to my employer who is in contact with his CPA trying to get information from the IRS. It seems no one knows what's going on.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

Over 4 months no refund

It's unclear if this is an Oregon State tax issue, or a federal tax issue, or both. IRS agents don't work for any state - they only work for the Federal government.

" It seems no one knows what's going on. "

At your employer's? I would agree. But on the federal side the IRS or state side of things (whichever it is) they know exactly what's going on. Until they receive the tax return of the entity that issued your W-2's and the such so they can confirm your W-2 data matches up with the issuer's, they're holding up the processing of your return. There's no problem on "your" end, or with  your filed and accepted return at this point. But that could change if what the employer reports they paid you, doesn't agree with what you say they paid you. (As an example.)

On the injured/innocent spouse stuff, since you're not in a community property state it's perfectly possible that the Injured/Innocent spouse form will not help one single bit. To help you understand why, I've attached a word document to this post that you can open and read.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies