turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SadiraJ

Eligible for Free Edition?

I think I made a mistake while doing my taxes. Looking back, I think I was eligible for the 100% free version, how can I figure out if that is the case? Also, if I was eligible for the free version, is there a way to get the $120 refunded to me that turbo tax charged me?

- I was doing my taxes as normal, and it prompted me to upgrade to Deluxe, because of an issue with my state taxes. Then it wouldn't let me file my state taxes without paying another $40. I assumed after speaking with someone from customer service that the issue with my state taxes was that I had paid into student loans interest (which is what they kept telling me). When I look at 2018 taxes, I realize that I did not pay into my student loans last year (I forgot that I only started paying them Jan 2019). I have no children, no student loans, owe no property. All I had to put in was my w-2 and the $11 I contributed to a 401k. When I look at the "free edition" on the home page, my situation should be covered under the free edition. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can prove this and get my money back?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Eligible for Free Edition?

I'd suggest that you contact TurboTax Customer Support during business hours to discuss this with a Support agent.  You may need to ask to speak to a higher-up in order to make your case.  In any case, Support will be the place to begin.  I'm sharing info below that will instruct you on contacting Support.  NOTE:  When entering your subject matter, don't use the word "refund".  Instead, use the words "billing issue".  Good luck!

"What is the TurboTax phone number?"

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies