turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No refund yet and I filed my taxes at the end of January and here it is March?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Your federal refund can take longer than 21 days to process for the following reasons:

• You claimed an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit and filed before February 15, 2018.  It takes until the week of February 27 to receive your refund at the earliest.
    •The IRS processed a refund offset.
    •There were errors, inconsistencies, or missing info on the return.
    •The return is under review.
    •The IRS suspects identity theft or fraud.
    •There's a Form 8397 (Injured Spouse Allocation) on your return.  It takes 11-14 weeks to process.
    •You filed Form 1040-X (Amended Return), which can take 12-16 weeks to process.

The IRS also cautions that financial institutions may vary in how long they take to process direct deposits, and paper checks are subject to mail delays.

IRS representatives can only research your refund if it’s been at least 21 days since you e-filed, at least 6 weeks since you mailed your return, or if their Where’s My Refund? lookup tool tells you to contact them.

If Where's My Refund? says your return has been received but your refund has not yet been approved, that means the IRS has your return and is actively working on it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Your federal refund can take longer than 21 days to process for the following reasons:

• You claimed an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit and filed before February 15, 2018.  It takes until the week of February 27 to receive your refund at the earliest.
    •The IRS processed a refund offset.
    •There were errors, inconsistencies, or missing info on the return.
    •The return is under review.
    •The IRS suspects identity theft or fraud.
    •There's a Form 8397 (Injured Spouse Allocation) on your return.  It takes 11-14 weeks to process.
    •You filed Form 1040-X (Amended Return), which can take 12-16 weeks to process.

The IRS also cautions that financial institutions may vary in how long they take to process direct deposits, and paper checks are subject to mail delays.

IRS representatives can only research your refund if it’s been at least 21 days since you e-filed, at least 6 weeks since you mailed your return, or if their Where’s My Refund? lookup tool tells you to contact them.

If Where's My Refund? says your return has been received but your refund has not yet been approved, that means the IRS has your return and is actively working on it.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may always feel free to track your refund by using the link below.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/where...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies