Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had entered 2 w2's for this tax return, and after I entered the second one, my federal return amount didn't change at all. Why would that be?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I had entered 2 w2's for this tax return, and after I entered the second one, my federal return amount didn't change at all. Why would that be?

You've really just begun your data entry, and there are SO many other variables yet to come into play.  Often, users will see their refund monitor drop after entering a second W-2.  Not to worry....just double-check your entries to make sure they are correct , and forge ahead.  I wouldn't pay too much attention to the refund monitor, anyway.  It's not truly accurate until the very end of your program and filing your return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3798403

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

You've really just begun your data entry, and there are SO many other variables yet to come into play.  Often, users will see their refund monitor drop after entering a second W-2.  Not to worry....just double-check your entries to make sure they are correct , and forge ahead.  I wouldn't pay too much attention to the refund monitor, anyway.  It's not truly accurate until the very end of your program and filing your return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3798403

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies