turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I say I received my 1st stimulus if I didn’t due to child support?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

Yes. You say what you received prior to the child support payments coming out.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cristinalrr
Returning Member

Yes my taxes where approved in April supposed to send it out on may 14

Cristinalrr
Returning Member

No on stimulus

Cristinalrr
Returning Member

I have no childsupport

Cristinalrr
Returning Member

Didn't have childsupport to file

Cristinalrr
Returning Member

Received 1st stimulus but didn't have to do childsupport because I don't have any

@Cristinalrr   Do you have a question?  Are you looking for your refund?

Turbo Tax only gives you an estimated date. The IRS usually pays most refunds within 21 days. But these are not normal times. This year is taking the IRS longer to send the refunds. There are millions more people filing returns to get the Stimulus payment.

See this news article on Refunds being delayed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/where-is-my-damn-irs-tax-refund-new-answers-emerge-a...

Only the IRS can tell you. If your return was Accepted then check IRS Where's my refund
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

When will you get your refund?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

IRS - Questions about Refunds
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Kimleejay

Reason in my personal information

I HAD RECEIVED 2 CHECKS$2700 AND $2400

I did not receive 2700  last year 

I received $5,600 in March 2021

On my tax return for 2020, I did not receive any income.  I received unemployment should I put this where I put business in come

@Kimleejay Unemployment is not entered as business income.

You will have to enter a 1099G that is issued by your state.

Some states will mail out the 1099G.  Or you might need to go to your state’s unemployment website and use the password, etc. that you have been using to certify for weekly benefits to get your 1099G from the state’s site.

Enter your 1099G in Federal>Wages & Income>Unemployment

Go through the screens very carefully, making sure  to enter any federal/state tax you had withheld from the unemployment.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-report-a-1099-g-for-unemploymen...

The information you posted regarding the checks you received is confusing and lacking details.   If you are preparing your 2020 return you need to answer correctly when it asks you the amounts you received for the 1st and 2nd stimulus checks---regardless of when you receive them---even if you got them in 2021.   You are only being asked about the first two EIP payments ----NOT the 3rd stimulus check----but if you answer incorrectly it will delay your refund while the IRS has to cross check and recalculate your refund.

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check in 2020, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021

The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the FEDERAL REVIEW section. ( you should see "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount”)  If you are eligible it will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.

Make sure that you enter ALL of the stimulus money received for the 1st and 2nd stimulus for yourself, your spouse and your children.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

Congress passed the 2nd stimulus bill at the end of 2020. Both stimulus checks were an advance credit for your 2020 tax return,  The 2nd stimulus checks started going out at the very end of December 2020 and continued into early January 2021.  When you fill out the recovery rebate credit it is important for you to enter the entire total of the amount you have received for yourself, your spouse, and your dependent children so far.   Entering the wrong amount will  delay your 2020 refund.

It should help you if you bear in mind that the purpose of the question is to determine if you have already received the amounts you should have received

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I mistakinngy listed a stimulus check that I received in 2021 on my 2020 tax form

If it was for the 2nd stimulus check that came in Jan-Feb that is right.  It goes on your 2020 return.  If you entered the new 3rd 1,400 stimulus check that should not go on your 2020 tax return.    Did you file?  The IRS should adjust  your  return for that.  Did you get any amount on  1040 line 30 for the Recovery Rebate Credit?  

megan2020

i received nothing in 2019 for any stimulis

Nobody got a stimulus check in 2019.    The very first stimulus checks were issued in 2020.   The first one was for $1200 for adults and $500 for dependents under the age of 17.   That one was paid in 2020---and they used tax return information from either 2019 or 2020 to send out the checks.

The 2nd stimulus checks went out in either very late 2020 or early 2021 and they were for $600 for each adult and $600 for each dependent under the age of 17.

If you missed getting either the 1st or 2nd stimulus then the way to get it is to file a 2020 tax return and use the recovery rebate credit in the Federal Review section to get it.   

If you are not sure if you received it you can check your own banking records for those payments or you can check the IRS account online:

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

The 3rd stimulus checks started going out in 2021----they were for $1400 per person --no age limit for dependents.  If you did not get that one then you use the recovery rebate credit on a 2021 tax return to get it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies